Time & Location
Nov 16, 2020, 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
The Clubhouse , 10 St Timothys Ln, Catonsville, MD 21228, USA
About the Event
Join painter and MICA instructor Duane Lutsko in a presentation / open dialogue that explores creativity, art theory, and art activism.
We will open with Dr. Elliott Eisner’s Ten Lessons the Arts Teach to generate a dialogue and invite participants to challenge themselves to articulate a personal voice promoting the significance of art.
The last 30 minutes will be dedicated to an art share: a visual open mic + constructive critique, moderated by Duane Lutsko inviting any and all to display one personal artwork, talk about it, and get feedback from an empathetic audience.
Get your artwork ready for display and your brain well-oiled for an evening of looking, sharing, and discussing your concerns over why art matters.
Monday 7:30p - 9:00p
minimum: 6 participants
maximum: 12 participantsCHECK IN + COVID
* Weather permitting, programs may be held outdoors.
* All visitors, artists and guests must check in with your artist facilitator. Please provide a valid and current ID (drivers license, student or military). You will be admitted electronically via Eventbrite under your registered name, no need to bring a print out of your ticket.
COVID-19 NOTICE: Please note the following important guidelines and requirements for artists and visitors at the clubhouse:
* Visitors and artists must wear a mask and practice social distancing while in the building and outdoors.
* Hand sanitizer will be provided to visitors.
* If you are feeling sick, please stay home.
* Please refer to the Baltimore County website for the most current COVID 19 guidelines they required for programs held at the BCAG Center.FAQ's
What can I bring into the event?
* Water-bottle/coffee/etc. (alcohol strictly prohibited)
* Art Supplies (for creative workshops, a supplies list will be emailed to all participants)
* *** during COVID 19 *** the studio will not be providing any shared supplies
* Sink for washing brushes, etc.
* Handicap access is available but must be arranged in advance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
* Email email@example.com
* General information can be found on our website: www.therootstudio.org
What's the refund policy?
We offer full refunds, less processing fee, for any refund requests received more than one week in advance of the workshop start date. To request a refund for a workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no make-ups or deferments for missed workshops (except for medical emergencies).
Root Studio reserves the right to cancel or reschedule workshops at our discretion. Registrants will be given the option of participating on the new date, or receive a full refund.
Communication for cancelled and rescheduled workshops is sent via email. Inclement weather updates will be posted to our home page on our website www.therootstudio.org.