Arts & Drafts Festival
Exhibitor Terms & Conditions
Updated January 30, 2023
1. All Exhibitors (as defined herein) are required to review and accept these Arts & Drafts Festival Exhibitor Terms and Conditions. In addition, all Exhibitors are required to review and accept all additional Terms & Conditions set forth by Guinness Open Gate Brewery and Diageo US and as published here. If you do not agree to any of the terms and conditions set forth herein, do not submit to be an Exhibitor.
2. The Arts & Drafts Festival (the “Event”), presented by the Baltimore County Arts Guild (“BCAG”) and hosted by the Guinness Open Gate Brewery, will be held June 24 - 25, 2023. This 2-day outdoor festival will welcome over 8,000 visitors and will feature up to 60 visual artist exhibitors from across the Baltimore-Washington region, live music, interactive programs, and family-friendly activities.
3. The Event will take place at the Guinness Open Gate Brewery located at 5001 Washington Boulevard, Halethorpe MD, 21227.
4. The Event will take place during the following dates and times, during which Exhibitors must be open and interacting with visitors:
Saturday, June 24, 2023 from 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM EDT
Sunday, June 25, 2023 from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM EDT
4. BCAG will accept applications from artists wishing to exhibit and sell their work at the Event.
5. The Event is open to all artists working with a range of mediums. Artists may apply in only one of the following categories, and it is up to the artist to determine which category best suits the range of art that will be exhibited:
Painting: works produced via the application of paint or other media to a surface
Photography: works produced by the action of light on a light-sensitive material
Mixed Media: two-dimensional works composed from a combination of different media or materials
3D: three-dimensional works composed from a combination of different media or materials
Home and body artisan products: works intended for the home and/or body (ex. candles, soaps, body scrubs, etc.)
Jewelry: works intended to be personal ornaments, such as necklaces, rings, or bracelets, composed from a variety of media and materials
Literary: written and/or spoken works of a language, period, or culture
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
6. All applicants are required to submit an application via the form on the BCAG website.
7. All applicants are required to pay a non-refundable application fee. This fee is used to cover the costs of administering the application process and will not be refunded to any applicants, regardless of whether the applicant is selected to exhibit their work at the Event.
Applications submitted by February 14, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST are subject to an early bird application fee of $25.00.
Applications submitted after February 14, 2023 at 11:59 PM are subject to a standard application fee of $35.00.
8. Four (4) images must be submitted with the application and the application fee.
Three (3) images should clearly represent the style and quality of the artwork that the applicant wishes to exhibit at the Event. Applicants should choose photos that best exemplify their artwork in terms of the quality of craftsmanship, that the work is handmade, and that they create pieces of work available at a range of price points (for example, the artist has original pieces as well as prints in the form of post cards, or the artist has large sculptures as well as medium and smaller-sized sculptures). Each image should show the artwork clearly against a solid background.
One (1) image should depict the applicant’s booth with artwork displayed. The authentic booth image (that is, an actual photo/image of the artist’s booth) should display the artist’s current artwork and must include the entire booth, not a portion.
Image quality is important and images must be cohesive.
9. Applications, application fees, and the required images must be submitted by February 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST to receive priority consideration. Applications received after February 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM will be reviewed on a rolling basis to fill any remaining artist exhibitor spaces that might remain after the priority applications have been reviewed.
10. Applicants will be sent confirmation via email that their application has been received and is considered complete within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt.
11. A juried process will be used whereby the Event’s artist exhibitor selection committee will evaluate all applications and select up to a total of 60 applicants across all categories to exhibit their work at the Event. Selected artists are hereinafter referred to as an “Exhibitor.”
12. All priority applicants (those whose applications were received by February 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST) will be notified whether they have been selected, declined, or placed on the waitlist no later than March 23, 2023.
13. Applicants that are selected to exhibit their work at the Event are responsible for paying a booth space fee within fourteen (14) days of selection notification according to the following fee schedule:
Exhibitor booth space with access to basic electricity: $350.00 (Note: limited quantities available, available on a first come, first served basis according to application date and time).
Exhibitor booth space without access to electricity: $300.00
14. Exhibitor booth spaces are outdoors and measure approximately 10 feet deep x 10 feet wide.
15. Exhibitors must be 21 years of age or older as of the first day of the Event. If an applicant will not be twenty-one years of age by the time of the Event, they shall not be refunded any application or booth fees.
16. The artist or craftsperson who designs the work and is a principal of the business MUST be present at the Event to exhibit their work. BCAG reserves the right to require proof of identity. No dealers or sales representatives are allowed.
17. Exhibitors may only exhibit and sell work typified by images submitted with their application.
18. All work must be original and completely finished. No imports, kits, items made from kits, items made using commercial patterns or commercial molds, items assembled from pre-manufactured components, unfinished work, items made from elephant or whale ivory (or other restricted materials), embellished items, commercial T-shirts, commercial sweats, or arts and craft supplies may be displayed or sold.
19. Exhibitors may not sell or distribute any work that is considered ingestible.
20. Exhibitors may not create or sell any work that incorporates any trademarks, service marks, design marks, trade dress, patents, copyrights, or intellectual property owned by Diageo or Guinness. Exhibitors represent and warrant that they are the owner, or have received an appropriate license from the respective owner, for any other use of any trademark, service marks, design marks, trade dress, patents, copyrights, patents, or other intellectual property owned by other third parties, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless BCAG, Diageo, and Guinness against any and all claims that a third party’s intellectual property has been misappropriated.
21. All exhibits are to be in keeping with the overall family-oriented theme of the Event. Exhibitors who do not follow this theme will be asked to leave the Event.
22. Exhibitors may only display work that is available for sale.
23. Exhibitors should be prepared with sufficient inventory for a 2-day festival that will be attended by over 8,000 visitors. Additionally, exhibitors at past events have found success in presenting items across a variety of price points to more broadly appeal to the different types of visitors at the Event.
24. Exhibitors are responsible for providing their own booth and display equipment, including tents, tables and chairs. All tents must be fire-rated (must meet NFPA 701 standards), have a suitable backdrop and sides for security, and be weighted down at each corner with 30-40 pound bags of sand per corner. All booths and displays must be wind-resistant and able to withstand large crowds. Water-resistant coverings and weights are highly recommended to protect displays. These items will not be supplied to Exhibitors. The Event organizers and/or representatives of the Event venue reserve the right to strike, shut down, or close any exhibit that is not weighted properly or presents any concern for public safety. Event organizers are not responsible for any harm or damage which occurs to an Exhibitor’s property.
25. All of the Exhibitor’s booth and display, including chairs, must be placed within the confines of the booth space.
26. An Exhibitor’s booth must not interfere with adjacent exhibits in any way.
27. All Exhibitors are responsible for keeping their booth space clean during Event hours, including cleanup at the end of the Event. All displays should be neat and clean and tables should be covered on all sides to the floor with a suitable, professional looking cover of flame retardant materials.
28. Exhibitors must abide by all fire regulations and/or decisions of the representatives of local fire departments. All booth materials shall be in accordance with local fire regulations. No open flames are permitted.
29. Nothing shall be nailed, stapled or otherwise fixed to the walls, floors or any part of the venue structure. Booths shall be weighted, not staked.
30. All extension cords used at the Event must be heavy-duty. No two-wire extension cords are allowed.
31. Exhibitors may not sublet or apportion their booth space to anyone else.
32. Exhibitors may not bring pets to the Event.
33. Booth spaces will be marked by the Event personnel before Exhibitors are permitted to set up their booths.
34. Exhibitor Check-In will open at 6:00 AM on Saturday, June 24, 2023, and all exhibitors must register upon arrival. Exhibitor packets, which will include all Event information and exhibitor credentials, will be distributed during registration.
35. Exhibitor booth spaces not occupied by 9:00 AM on the first day of the Event may be filled with standby Exhibitors with no refund or allowance whatsoever.
36. All exhibits, goods and materials must be removed by 8:00 PM on the last day of the Event. Failure to have everything off site by this time may result in additional charges.
37. The Exhibitor’s booth must be open and staffed during all regular Event hours. Anyone arriving late, leaving before, closing or breaking down during Event hours may be refused entrance.
38. Exhibitors and their helpers must exhibit professional behavior at all times while on the Event site. BCAG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine what constitutes professional behavior. Violation of this rule will result in the Exhibitor, their helpers and exhibits being excluded from the Event site with no refund or allowance whatsoever.
39. Exhibitors will have access to the full-service restaurant at the Event venue at Exhibitor’s own expense. Additionally, the Event organizers will provide complimentary snacks and water for exhibitors throughout the day.
40. 24-Hour Security is provided at the Event venue. Notwithstanding, the Event organizers are not responsible for the safety or security of your belongings, items for sale, or other personal property.
41. Free on-site parking will be available for the entirety of the Event in designated areas only.
42. Parking and traffic will not be permitted in the remainder of the Event area or fire lanes from one half hour before the Event begins until fifteen minutes after the Event ends each day. All loading and unloading must be planned around these hours and vehicles are to be removed to the off-site exhibitor parking lots before the Event begins. Vehicles remaining in the Event area or fire lanes during these hours may be towed away at the owner’s risk and expense.
43. To attract a regional audience, Event marketing includes radio and print media, as well as digital advertising. A listing of the participating artist Exhibitors will be distributed at the Event and archived on the Event website. Website & social media coverage of the Event will be provided.
44. BCAG reserves the right to photograph work on display for use in promotions of the Event and for future promotional materials. You agree to be photographed and to have your work photographed, and shall ensure that any helpers agree to the same. To the extent necessary, you provide BCAG an unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable license solely to display your works in this manner.
45. As required by the State of Maryland for all entities conducting business in the State, including art Exhibitors selling their work at festivals, all Exhibitors must be properly licensed as a Trader within the State of Maryland, or, if qualified, sign an Exhibitor’s Affidavit, and provide proof of license or the signed Exhibitor’s Affidavit in advance of the Event. View the regulations here: https://www.marylandtaxes.gov/business/types-of-business-licenses.php. You represent and warrant that you have obtained all necessary licenses and will indemnify and hold harmless BCAG for any fees, fines, penalties, or costs related to a lack of a license.
46. Exhibitors retain all revenue from the sale of their work with no commission on sales due to BCAG or the Event organizers. Each Exhibitor is responsible for collecting and reporting Maryland Sales Tax on all sales made during the Event.
47. All Exhibitors are expected to complete a brief final survey, including sales data and feedback, at the conclusion of the Event.
48. Exhibitors shall procure and maintain at their own expense policies of Commercial General Liability insurance on an occurrence form including personal injury, advertiser’s liability, products liability, completed operations, with limits no less than $1,000,000.00 per occurrence and in the aggregate combined single limit bodily injury and property. Certificates of the issuance of every such policy shall be available for BCAG and Diageo Beer Company USA to review upon request. Each such insurance policy must hold harmless and shall name Baltimore County Arts Guild and Diageo Beer Company USA as additional insureds and shall not be cancelable, terminable or subject to material change without thirty (30) days’ prior written notice to BCAG and Diageo Beer Company USA, unless such policy is replaced with the same coverage. The Exhibitor’s insurance obligations do not limit the Exhibitor’s potential liability to BCAG or Diageo Beer Company USA or any other party, or otherwise limit the Exhibitor’s indemnification obligations detailed herein or in the additional Terms & Conditions set forth by Guinness Open Gate Brewery and Diageo US as referenced above. All insurance policies required hereunder shall be maintained with insurance companies that are rated A- or better by AM Best. Exhibitors that do not already carry the required insurance as part of their business may inquire with their personal property insurance provider for coverage or purchase a low-cost policy for coverage for the days of the Event. One such option is the Artists, Craftsman & Traders Insurance policy underwritten by the Great American Insurance Group (A+ rating from AM Best) and available at https://www.actinsurance.com/vendor-insurance.
49. Exhibitors shall be liable for delivery, handling, erection, and removal of their own booths, displays, and materials.
50. Neither BCAG, Guinness, Diageo, nor any of its directors, officers, agents, sponsors or volunteers shall be liable for any lost, damaged, or stolen property under any circumstance.
51. Exhibitors may cancel their appearance in the Event for any reason. In such event:
The application fee is non-refundable.
The booth space fee is refundable with notice in writing advising BCAG of the cancelation according to the following schedule:
Prior to April 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT: 100% refund of booth space fee
After April 28, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT until May 26, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT: 25% of booth space fee
After May 26, 2023 at 11:59 PM EDT: No refund of booth space fee
52. BCAG reserves the right to modify or revoke the rights granted by these “Arts & Drafts Festival Exhibitor Terms & Conditions” at any time, including at the Event. BCAG will not be liable for paying any travel expenses, lost revenue or any other liability whatsoever beyond the booth space fees paid by the Exhibitor as a result of enforcing this provision.
53. A $35.00 fee will be charged on any check returned by Exhibitor’s bank. Any foreign check processing fees charged by our bank will be billed to the Exhibitor at cost.
54. BCAG will not be liable for refunds or any other liabilities whatsoever for the failure to fulfill these “Arts & Drafts Festival Exhibitor Terms & Conditions” due to reasons of the enclosure in which the Event is to be produced, being, before, or during the Event destroyed by fire or other calamity, or by any act of God, pandemic or epidemic, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances, or any legal authority, or any cause beyond its control.
55. Exhibitors found in violation of any of these “Arts & Drafts Festival Exhibitor Terms & Conditions” may be excluded and have their exhibits removed from the Event at the sole discretion of BCAG. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall BCAG, Guinness, or Diageo, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from such action.
56. If any section, sentence, clause, phrase or portion of these “Arts & Drafts Festival Exhibitor Terms & Conditions” is, for any reason, held invalid or unconstitutional by any court of competent jurisdiction, such portion shall be deemed a separate, distinct and independent provision and such holding shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions.
57. These “Arts & Drafts Festival Exhibitor Terms & Conditions” shall be deemed to have been made in the State of Maryland and shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of such state. In the event that legal action is required to enforce these “Arts & Drafts Festival Exhibitor Terms & Conditions” or any of the terms thereof, such action shall be brought in the Courts of Baltimore County, Maryland, and the Exhibitor expressly consents to the jurisdiction of such courts. You agree to accept service of process in such action by ordinary mail sent to their business addresses.
58. These “Arts & Drafts Festival Exhibitor Terms & Conditions” constitute the entire agreement between BCAG, and the Exhibitor and no modification shall be valid unless in writing and signed by the parties or their representatives.
We respect your privacy and will never sell or trade your name, mailing address, or email address.
A Special Note From the Event Organizers regarding COVID-19
We are looking forward to the 2023 Arts & Drafts Festival, but we want you to know that your wellbeing is our first concern and that we are in touch with state and local officials and are working to make sure that this will be a safe and fun experience for all. We expect the Event will move forward as planned. However, we will take into consideration local, national, and worldwide health guidelines. Should these guidelines require us to cancel or postpone the Event, we will honor your request for a full refund of your booth fee.
Thanks for reading! Please return to the application page to continue the process.